WaterDM is an engineering consulting firm focused on improving demand side management of precious water resources. Founded by water demand expert, Peter Mayer, P.E., WaterDM provides services to support and improve the efficient management and use of water. WaterDM's focus starts when treated water enters the delivery system network for service to customers. WaterDM's technical expertise includes conservation planning, implementation, rate analysis, research, demand forecasting, modeling, drought preparation, utility metering, and water loss control.
Services We Provide
- Utility consulting
- Water use research and analysis
- Water conservation planning and implementation
- Analyis of rates and rate structures
- Drought preparedness and response
- Demand forecasting
- Demand tracking
- Evaluation of changes in demand
- Statistical analysis of water demand and modeling
- Meter technology consulting
- Meter and service line sizing
- Water loss control
- Water software development
- Web site development
WaterDM in Action
- Editor, Water Efficiency Watch monthly newsletter from the Alliance for Water Efficiency.
- Chair of AWWA M22 Sizing Water Service Lines and Meters author subcommittee.
- Co-author of AWWA G480 Water Conservation Standard.
- Co-author of Colorado Best Practices Guidebook for Municipal Water Conservation.
- Co-founder, Incent Software for Utility Customer Engagement.
WaterDM for the Future
Our future depends on water. Proper planning that integrates demand management into overall water supply planning is essential.